Wednesday 13 July 2011

Cute as a Button

Since giving up the day job last September to concentrate fully on my business I have become rather addicted to Twitter, as I think it may have been mentioned before! The wedding business is a particularly friendly and happy one to be involved in, and I have built up a solid base of both brides/grooms to be and other suppliers. Twitter is my 'office gossip' as well as being a support network and sometimes a sounding board for new ideas.

Emma Buzec was a bride to be when we connected on Twitter and has since started her own business and I'm very pleased to welcome her to the blog today with her alternative to the traditional flower bouquets and buttonholes.....
Logo
Cute as a Button was set up in March 2011. The idea was born from looking for ideas for my own 2012 wedding when I came across button bouquets on the internet and had my heart set on getting one. However, our wedding is being put together on a very small budget and I could not warrant spending so much on a bouquet - so I tried to forget all about it!
After quite a few discussions with friends, family and hubby to be, I decided I would try to make one myself. I tweeted photos of my progress and got some amazing feedback. Through tweeting I was contacted by another bride to be asking how much I would charge to make her a button bouquet - so that's how my first order came about!
I now have a website, Facebook page, and am of course on Twitter! I have had further orders, and one of our bridal bouquets was used in the catwalk show at A Most Curious Wedding Fair in Norwich this year. We had our first ever wedding fair stand at "Truly Vintage" wedding fair, Glemham Hall at the beginning of June.
 

Many thanks to Emma for sharing the story behind Cute as a Button with us and I wish her much success with her business. I had a beautiful fresh flower bouquet on my wedding day and have tried to preserve it as best I can but inevitably it will never look the same as it did on the day. Perhaps Mr LG and I should hold a renewal ceremony each year so that I can use all the new and exciting ideas that I keep coming across! 

No comments:

Post a Comment