Friday 10 February 2012

LilGuy Facebook Shop

I'm not one to pay others to do something that I can quite easily do myself, so when I received a sales call yesterday from a company claiming to be in receipt of partial Government Initiative Funding to help businesses like mine to set up e-commerce shops on Facebook, with a small contribution from myself of just £99 I decided to investigate a little. I could find no mention of such an initiative on the search engine, however I did find a link to a Facebook App where it's possible to set up your own Facebook Shop for free if you have a business page there. When I asked the sales company by email for the details of this Government Funding I was called back to be given the information - now call me cynical but if the company isn't prepared to put the information in an email then I smell a bit of a rat! My apologies to said company if I've got this wrong and they are indeed in receipt of this funding, but I've spent today setting up my very own Facebook Shop - not too fiddly and I'm very glad I hung onto the £99!

It's not fully stocked yet, but have a browse, I'll be adding more items when my broadband finally sorts its act out and gives me more speed! Whilst you're over there why not 'Like' our page too if you don't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment