Thursday 22 March 2012

Little Bundles Bunting

Last June we featured Little Bundles Bunting with their unique bespoke bunting for all occasions. Emma has sent us pics of a Jubilee Bunting shoot - enjoy!


JUBILEE BUNTING FIT FOR A BRIDE
BY LITTLE BUNDLES BUNTING

As one of my favourite classic films is "Great Expectations" I have always wanted to style a shoot based around the eccentric and slightly deranged Miss Haversham, but make it more wild to reflect my Northumbrian home. THe scene was sketched out to include our strong-minded bride, a show-stopping cake, big and heavy furniture and lots of space, with vintage china and Victoriana wedding stationery. The only place I could visualise this was the beautiful Druridge Bay beach. The temperature gauge showed -3C, but the sun was shining as brightly as I have seen it in winter, and the sky was an azure blue - show lucky were we?! Our fantastic model, Louise, braved the North Easterly winds with stunning results.
I did wonder whether I myself was a little mad, organising a bridal beach shoot in early February - and there were a few local eyebrows raised - however, the end results I think are fantastic and could not have been achieved without all the help of the team. I've worked with Adamskii on a number of my shoots, and will continue to do so. His energy and creativity are boundless. Also he gets me. He understands what I am after in my pictures. Bunting is especially difficult to capture, so I was delighted that my sketch drawn over a few glasses of mulled wine during my Christmas break, finally made it to a photo reality. After hours of carrying heavy furniture over the sand dunes, plus props on loan from Event Diva and flowers from Fern, we were ready to shoot. Our model appeared, literally over the dunes, and she looked stunning, even her tattoos matched the carving in the chaise lounge!

Our Jubilee Bunting range starts at £8/m for the "Hearts" going up to £25 for the "LOVE" bunting. As the lettering is created using hand cut mini Union Jacks we can create any message. I just couldn't resist the "MARRY ME" - and the shot I think is just superb......


Our wonderful dress, veil and headpiece were all supplied by the wonderful Kathryn S Trueman Bridal, as were the stunning jewellery pieces. The exquisite glass and crystal Kathryn Russell bouquet is also available to hire exclusively from Kathryn  Trueman. House of Cakes provided us with a superb Show Cake with six tiers and oozed opulence with fruits and roses. I love the fact that these cakes can be hired for a wedding - just like our bunting! The Victoriana stationery was wonderfully created by local stationer By Wendy, who has been making wedding stationery for nearly 25 years. Our fun Temari cakes were made by the wonderful Newcastle company Popcake Kitchen - they were so much fun, I couldn't resist this shot on the concrete blocks left over from WW2.

A five hour shoot - lots of cold people - but lots of fun. A BIG thank you to everyone who helped!

Bunting & Styling: Little Bundles Bunting www.little-bundles.co.uk
Photography: Adamskii www.adamskii.com
Hair & Make-up: Kate Heppell (will check contact details)
Dress, Veil & Jewellry: Kathryn Trueman Bridal www.kathrynstrueman.co.uk
Show Cake: House of Cakes www.sandrashouseofcakes.co.uk
Stationery: By Wendy www.by-wendy.com
Flowers: Fern Event Florists www.fernonline.co.uk
Props: Event Diva www.eventdiva.co.uk
Temari Bride & Groom cakes: www.popcakekitchen.co.uk


1 comment:

  1. Great day with a fab cast!! Loved the opportunity to be involved in this fabulous shoot!
    House of Cakes

    ReplyDelete